Womble goes to Oz

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Day 16 Keep on running 08 November

Sarah was up and out around 8am, I stayed in bed awhile, just to make sure I was alive. Amazingly, I was! I even had breakfast. Then after checking my e-mail, a bit of blogging and so on I went out to meet up with Red Haired Girl. She moved to Melbourne with her husband a year or so back and seems to be enjoying it. We did the Tan Trail around the Royal Botanic Gardens and then chatted, over some coffee and cake of course!

It's amazing how this technology and interwebby thing brings people together, isn't it? I'd seen RHG posting on RW in the past but not really known her in any way. However, Beanz told me that RHG was in Melbourne and offered to put us in touch. Really great :o) I'm back in Melbourne towards the end of my trip, so I'll try to meet up with her again before I come home. It was lovely to do a little run (3.7 miles) with someone, nattering away.

This week in Melbourne has been different to Sydney. I'm not dashing about doing touristy things. I'm enjoying being here. Yes, I have been out and about but it's not list-ticking. It may be something to do with resting after Sydney or perhaps it's because I've been to Melbourne before. I like it here. I've been hopping on and off the trams, getting about and it's felt, well, comfortable. I've been sleeping ok although my mind still gets side-tracked. Sarah and I have been getting along really well. Which might not seem so obvious seeing as how I'm her Mum's friend and her Mum's age! We have met before a couple of times but not spent so much time together as we have over the last few days. I was saying to her how it's funny to know so much about her and the family. We talk about things in the family's history and I remember them happening and Paul telling me about it! She's away tonight but back tomorrow afternoon sometime. So I've been left in someone else's place on my own!!!! Sound familiar?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home