Womble goes to Oz

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Day 37 Technology

Great isn't it?

I have had a couple of conversations on my travels, usually after someone has spotted that I have two phones, when they proudly say "Oh I left my mobile at home." All very well for you, I say. But I have to stay in touch with my children and what about all my wonderful friends? I can't possibly imagine being out of contact with everyone for 8 weeks. These people are too big a part of my life to put them on hold for so long. I'd never catch up with the gossip (although there doesn't seem to be much at present - someone do something please!) for starters. Also, being selfish, what if I need to talk, where would I turn?

So, by means of the powers of telecoms I do my best to keep in touch. It's not the same as being there of course, and this week there's a few people I would like to have been able to hug as they've been having bad patches too, but it's better than nowt.

I think I put the words to "You've got a friend" on my songs space thing, linked from the other blog. Oh dear, it's going to be in my head the rest of the day now.

Right. Off to do some art gallery and museum type things. Seems to have stopped raining!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home