Womble goes to Oz

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Day 38 I'm going outside I may be some time...

The internet access ceases here after today, nice and neatly at the end of the month. So even though we're not off until Saturday, blogging will cease for a while. I imagine there might be internet access along the way but I don't think you'll be getting the regular updates you've been spoiled with :D

Today, Thursday 30 November was a quiet day. Was a bit maudlin again, don't know why but wasn't serious. Just need a calm time. Went for a nice walk to King's Park, the one that Paul and I popped into last week. There are some fab views of Perth from up there, lots of vegetation and so on as well as a bit they call the Botanic Gardens. I don't know if the Bridge Climb has done anything towards 'curing' my vertigo but I went on an elevated walkway thing including a glass-sided section. I didn't wibble but it wasn't my favourite bit of the day. The Australians seem to do a lot to remember their war dead and there are many memorials in the park.

This evening we had a farewell tea for Paul as she's now leaving Perth, hoping to teach English in China in the New Year. Should be really exciting there over the next couple of years in the run up to the Olympics. Tomorrow, Friday, is her last day at work, finish at lunchtime then frantic packing!

We're heading off to Wave Rock and then the Gold Fields around Kalgoorlie. Then there's a bird sanctuary somewhere. And Coober Pedy where everyone lives underground. There's other places I'm sure :D Anyway, don't fret if you don't from me for a little while. We'll be fine and enjoying ourselves :D

This road is lined with trees dedicated to men who died serving in the First World War.





Each tree has a plaque like this one.








A view of Perth from the park. Fab.







What you looking at me like that for?







The glass bridge I was talking about. I managed to deal fairly ok with the wooden elevated bits, but the glass was slightly more testing.



Oh look, a brewery. How did that get there?










Grass tree in need of a haircut.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home