Womble goes to Oz

Monday, December 18, 2006

Day 56

Hmmm 7x8=56 and this is day 56.... Ah well, I'm still here.

Yesterday, Monday found us still with Faye and Max. Us girls had been to a carol service over the road on Sunday night, which was entertaining in its way... out of tune piano with the occasional mistake thrown in, out of tune choir of blue rinse brigade members (except one cute girl of about 12) and two different versions of the song sheet! Rolling back even further to Saturday morning, we'd been for a lovely walk in the forest by the Murray River at the end of the road, spotting loads of kangaroos through the trees, along with a couple of hares as well as zillions of ants, birds and so on. We also had a couple of golden labradors with us (belonging to friends!) who were really well behaved. I'm not a 'dog person' but they were so good.

Both Saturday and Sunday found us in the pool at the house, followed by beers on the lawn while we dried off. Hard life yet again.

While in Swan Hill on Sunday, Paul and I went for a walk. At one point she says, oh I used to have a van like that... Oh it is my van!!!! She'd sold this thing about ten years earlier and there it was in a car park a few yards away, the other side of a fence!

Today, Monday we drove to Bendigo to have lunch with Melanie. Haven't seen her since she was over at mine two years ago, so that was nice. I say 'we' drove but I had woken in the night with a migraine (most odd) so head wasn't at its best for driving. So, after a nice foccaccia and a slice of Death by Chocolate (anyone feelig hungry?) we were off to Melbourne and Sarah's flat where I spent week 2 of this epic adventure. Sarah is off out on a Xmas 'do', so Paul and I went out for dinner locally with Lauren (daughter #4, keep up) who had come over for the night. Was great seeing the three all in the space of a few hours.

Tomorrow, we're going in to Melbourne, for a bit of first minute Xmas shopping and last minute holiday pressie shopping. I hope it won't hurt too much. Must find nice cake place.....

Here's a piccy of Paul with Faye and Max from this morning.



See you all soon (assuming I get on the plane)

xxxx

3 Comments:

  • you had BETTER get on that frigging plane

    By Blogger b-z, at December 18, 2006 2:57 pm  

  • nice blog. its good to see faye, max and paul looking well. im looking forward to going to swan hill to lounge in that pool. stay in Aus. thats a lesson I've learnt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 18, 2006 8:28 pm  

  • Hi there Tristan! When you coming down to SW London for a visit? I know I don't have a pool, but you it's not that bad... :D

    By Blogger womble, at December 19, 2006 2:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home