Day 59 Home
I survived the fog and apparent chaos at Heathrow, landed at 05.15 and was home within three hours. Not bad really. My bags were even amongst the first few off the plane!
Back with a thud though. A quick rummage through the post and some phone calls to make. One of them resulted in me being up at Kingston Hospital this afternoon! [Those of a squeamish disposition should skip the next bit, especially boys....]
The mystery mesenteric cyst that was CT scanned just before I went away apparently wasn't but could perhaps be an ovarian cyst recurring from one I didn't remember having in 2001. So as I'd missed an appointment I didn't know I had (either!) I was offered a cancellation this afternoon. "I can't find an ovarian cyst" says the nice lady. After discussion and more probing (yes....) we finally get "Oh, it's right up there, now you could miss that!". Hmmm, anyway lucky I have a sense of humour! Seems there's no blood flow to it or anything, no funny patches, probably a simple fluid-filled cyst which will most likely be left where it is. It's about 4cm long if anyone is interested.... Nice lady will discuss with gynae expert but reassured me quite cheerfully that there was nothing to be worried about and we had a few words about Australia!
Ok, you can come back now.
Where was I? Oh right, Australia..... The children have been around already :D and taken their pressies away. They seemed to like all the stuff I'd collected on my womblings. Rucsac is empty, washing is near the machine although there's not too much to do thanks to various of Paul's relatives! I'll be loading my photos onto the pc and publishing a few highlights (in separate volumes). Xmas cards have been opened - thanks to everyone who's sent them. Vaguely important looking post has been opened. My FLM reject top is large size if anyone with an XL wants a swap ;o) The house is looking terribly neat and tidy. Sorry, was looking...... Where's the housekeeper? The cat is going to have an extended holiday until I get back from Crisis (and Miniwomble has already asked if they can keep her!). I had a little nap before I went to the hospital and I might just go off and have another, to try and keep to Melbourne timezone (so you lot can text me.....).

In the meantime, here's a pic of Paul and me at Melbourne airport, having a coffee before I went through the silver doors to departures.
Back with a thud though. A quick rummage through the post and some phone calls to make. One of them resulted in me being up at Kingston Hospital this afternoon! [Those of a squeamish disposition should skip the next bit, especially boys....]
The mystery mesenteric cyst that was CT scanned just before I went away apparently wasn't but could perhaps be an ovarian cyst recurring from one I didn't remember having in 2001. So as I'd missed an appointment I didn't know I had (either!) I was offered a cancellation this afternoon. "I can't find an ovarian cyst" says the nice lady. After discussion and more probing (yes....) we finally get "Oh, it's right up there, now you could miss that!". Hmmm, anyway lucky I have a sense of humour! Seems there's no blood flow to it or anything, no funny patches, probably a simple fluid-filled cyst which will most likely be left where it is. It's about 4cm long if anyone is interested.... Nice lady will discuss with gynae expert but reassured me quite cheerfully that there was nothing to be worried about and we had a few words about Australia!
Ok, you can come back now.
Where was I? Oh right, Australia..... The children have been around already :D and taken their pressies away. They seemed to like all the stuff I'd collected on my womblings. Rucsac is empty, washing is near the machine although there's not too much to do thanks to various of Paul's relatives! I'll be loading my photos onto the pc and publishing a few highlights (in separate volumes). Xmas cards have been opened - thanks to everyone who's sent them. Vaguely important looking post has been opened. My FLM reject top is large size if anyone with an XL wants a swap ;o) The house is looking terribly neat and tidy. Sorry, was looking...... Where's the housekeeper? The cat is going to have an extended holiday until I get back from Crisis (and Miniwomble has already asked if they can keep her!). I had a little nap before I went to the hospital and I might just go off and have another, to try and keep to Melbourne timezone (so you lot can text me.....).

In the meantime, here's a pic of Paul and me at Melbourne airport, having a coffee before I went through the silver doors to departures.

1 Comments:
Lovely picture
Glad the cyst wasnt anything major
xx
By
b-z, at December 21, 2006 11:23 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home